Well, the world of dogs and the life of dogs is totally different than ours. All the dog parents out there have been facing new challenges every day. We often receive the queries and questions such as our dog doesn’t like Kongs or why do our dogs eat grass?
There are hundreds of such questions and we try to answer them all accordingly. So, we planned to write a dedicated post to address all such questions. We’ll try to answer 5 (0r more) questions in each post.
So, without further ado, let’s proceed to the first question and its answer.
Why does my dog eat grass?
Well, usually a dog eats grass due to 4 reasons.
- To induce vomiting – While roaming here and there, sometimes your dogs may eat something that makes them very uncomfortable or upset stomach. So, they try to throw up by eating grass. If they do this frequently for a long time, you should see your vet.
- Boredom – You may expect anything and everything from a bored dog. So, in such a case, try to engage your pup in some enrichment and brain stimulation activities.
- Nutritional deficiency – In such a case, see your vet and ask them what diet is best for your dog according to its age and breed.
- He loves eating grass or loves its taste – Yes, believe it or not, your dog may love eating grass occasionally. So, if your dog eats grass and looks fine to you, you shouldn’t be much worried.
Why does my dog chase its tail?
Does your dog chases its tail and spin like a tornado? Well, if your dog does it occasionally that should not be a problem but if he does it frequently and more than normal, you must be worried about it.
There are several reasons a dog chases its tail. Let’s have a look at these reasons.
- Sometimes the dogs think that it’s fun and entertaining for their owner so they try to please you. If this is the case, try to ignore it when he chases its tail so he won’t consider it as fun.
- Younger puppies usually chase their tails because of their ignorance and this habit goes away with time.
- There are several medical and behavioral conditions and disorders due to which the dogs may chase their tails such as separation anxiety, boredom, skin allergies, fleas, and several others.
My dog has consumed poison, what should I do?
We have 2 different scenarios here.
Scenario Number 1: You have seen your dog eating a toxic item. In this case, call the local animal poison control authority and discuss it with them. After some questions, they’ll ask you to do the following.
- Induce vomiting with the help of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Check out for the symptoms.
- Bring your dog to the poison control center or the vet.
Scenario Number 2: You suspect that your dog has eaten a toxic item but you don’t exactly know what he has eaten. In such a case, the first aid steps are the same but try to take your dog to the animal control center as soon as possible to avoid any disaster.
Important note: Don’t waste your time on Social Media asking others in an emergency. If its late-night, try to contact the emergency vet clinic. Make sure you already have a first aid kit for your dog in order to treat them until you are at your vet.
My dog buries and hides bones or other items, why does he do that?
In ancient times, the dogs’ ancestors used to bury their bones (or food) to save them for future survival. So, most probably, the domesticated dogs of this era have inherited this behavior from their ancestors.
Secondly, you may be giving more food to your furbaby so he consumes what is enough for him and keeps the rest for the future.
Also, there are chances that your dog does it for fun, especially, when it comes to hiding your valuable items under a sofa or whatever place they use to hide.
So, if you looking for your car keys or glasses for a long time and didn’t find yet, follow your dog wherever he goes and you may find your items. Don’t forget to thank us later. 😉
There are a number of theories in favor of and against this question. The dogs have an amazing sense of smell, hearing, taste, and smell. And they use these senses to hear, see, and sense what humans cannot. So, possibly they hear voices from far which we can’t hear and it ends up in the assumption that they are hearing or seeing the spirits.
So, these were 5 of the most-asked questions along with the summarised answers. If you too have such questions to ask, feel free to ask them using the comment form below.