When it comes to hybrid breeds, Doodles are among the most popular dogs nowadays. Although there are many other designer breeds such as Pomsky and Chiweenie, the Poodle crosses are in high demand.
While choosing a Poodle cross as our next puppy, we have over 100 choices because the Poodle has been crossbred with over 100 other pure breeds. Some of the most popular Poodle crosses are Bernedoodle, Labradoodle, Shih Poo, Goldendoodle, and Aussiedoodle.
We have been receiving many queries regarding the comparison between different breeds, especially between the Doodles. So, this time we have decided to compare Shih Poo and Cavoodle.
Shih Poo is a toy breed and a cross between the Miniature Poodle and Shih Tzu. Being a product of 2 low-shedding breeds, the Shih Poos have a low-shedding coat.
Cavoodle is a product of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Poodle. It is an adorable breed that has been equally popular in the US and Australia.
Although both of these breeds share several traits such as intelligence and low-shedding coat, there are some significant differences in both of them. So, as per our readers’ request, we are going to do a quick comparison between Shih Poo and Cavoodle.
So, let’s read the Shih Poo vs Cavoodle comparison below and after reading this informative article, you’ll be able to decide between your next possible puppy.
Shih Poo vs Cavoodle Comparison
Shih Poo [a.k.a Shoodle]
Cavoodle [a.k.a Cavapoo]
First bred by
Poodle and Shih Tzu
Poodle and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Intelligent - Low-shedding coat - Ideal indoor dog
- Playful - Affectionate - Low-shedding coat - Social and loyal
10 to 16 years
13 to 15 years
3 to 9 kg
5 to 10 KG
- Short or long hair - Beautiful button eyes - Hanging ears - Bushy tail
- Floppy Ears - Wavy or silky coat - Round Face and wonderful looks
- Tri-color - Black and white Black, Black & Brown, Black & White, Tri-colored
- Black, tan, and white (Tri-color) - Chestnut and white (Blenheim) - Gold - White - Black Chestnut, Gold, White, Black, Blenheim, or tri-colored
- Friendly - Barks a lot
- Excellent Temperament - Friendly and intelligent - People-oriented
- Low to non-shedding coat - Excellent with children - Runner and swimmer by nature
- Low-shedding coat - Easy to train - Stranger-friendly
- Not suitable for busy owners - Separation Anxiety
So, friends, these were Shih Poo and Cavoodle, 2 of the most popular designer breeds. Now we are sure that you’ll be able to decide which Doodle you should get. If you are looking for any other breed’s comparison, you can ask us to compare them. Just leave a comment below.