Standard Bernedoodle is a product of Standard Poodle and the Bernese Mountain Dog which is also among three major types of Bernedoodle while Saint Berdoodle is a Saint Bernard Poodle cross. Both of them are large-sized dogs that inherit most of the positive traits of their parents, most likely from the Poodle.
Standard Bernedoodle and Saint Berdoodle, both the breeds are highly intelligent, smart, and affectionate. Both of them are friendly and responsive to strangers, kids, and other pets.
Being a Poodle cross and a large-sized dog, sometimes people are confused to differentiate their traits. Therefore, we have decided to do a quick comparison between both the breeds.
Standard Bernedoodle vs Saint Berdoodle Comparison
Hypoallergenic, Intelligent, Loyal, Friendly, Fluffy, and Responsive
Intelligent, Social, Charming, and a perfect Therapy Dog
12 to 15 years
8 to 12 years
70 to 90 Pounds
40 to 200 Pounds
Fluffy coat with medium to long hair. Compact body with mostly Teddy Bear looks.
Looks like a giant Teddy Bear
Tri-color, Black & White, Black and Brown
White, Brown, Cream, Apricot, Cafe-au-lait, Blue, Silver, and Gray
- Highly responsive and ready to accompany you - Friend of the friends - Love walks, exercises, and training sessions
- Makes strong bond with its human - Does well with children and pets - Extremely patient
- Easy to train - Hypoallergenic - Children-friendly - Loves running and swimming - Responsive, adjustable, and friendly
- One of the best family dogs - Hypoallergenic - Great with children - Great with other pets
- Daily exercises and walks are must
- Monitoring needed if you have children and small pets due to their large size - Inherits health-related issues
Common health issues
- Hot spots - Hip and Elbow Dysplasia - Skin allergies - Eye-relate problems
- Hip and Elbow Dysplasia - Distichiasis - Gastric Torsion - Sebaceous Adenitis
So, dear dog parents, it was a detailed comparison between both the large-sized Poodle crosses and hopefully you can make a choice between them.
Regardless of all the differences, both the breeds are wonderful and highly affectionate. Still, make sure you have enough budget to get them and raise them.
If you have any questions about both the breeds or any other breed, please let us know. Also, if you are looking for any other breed comparison, do let us know and we’ll be more than happy to do a quick comparison.