Have you ever heard about the Australian Collie dog breed? No? We neither.
Actually, while doing some research, we found out about a dog named Australian Collie. As a researcher and dog lover, I spent some more time looking for this very breed and found some interesting facts.
And I wanted to share these interesting facts about Australian Collie with my readers. So, let’s explore more about it.
10 Interesting Facts about Australian Collie:
- There are around 19 dog breeds of Collie types in the world such as the Border Collie, Rough Collie, Bearded Collie, and Australian Shepherd. Interestingly, we didn’t find a pure breed named an Australian Collie.
- There is a designer dog breed that is a cross between two of the best Collie breeds; Border Collie and Australian Shepherd. This designer dog is sometimes referred to as the Australian Collie by a small group of people.
- As the Australian Collie is said to be a product of the two most esteemed Shepherd dogs, it makes one of the best breeds that can be used for herding purposes.
- This perfect designer dog is also known as Aussie Collie, Assieollie, and Border-Aussie.
- Interestingly, the Australian Collie has no direct connection with Australia. The reason behind this is the Australian Shepherd which itself is an American dog breed. While the Border Collie was developed in Scotland and England.
- With an average lifespan of around 10 to 14 years, the Australian Collie has good overall health and is considered of the healthiest dog breeds.
- Apart from its herding abilities, the Australian Collie makes the best pet dogs but remember, it is a high-energy dog and you need to exercise them a lot.
- If you are an adventurer, farmer, bicyclist, or jogger, this dog is an ideal match for you.
- If you are a first-time owner, Australian Collie is not for you. Instead, you should go for a low-energy and easy-maintenance dog breed.
- The Australian Collie or Aussie Collie is an intelligent dog that needs constant exercise and activities for mental stimulation or they may get bored and destructive.
So, it was a quick post featuring 10 interesting facts about Australian Collie. We’ll write a comprehensive guide soon on the breed so, if you are planning to get an Australian Collie, you’ll get the most information in that guide.
Basenji, the Barkless Dog
Interesting Beagle Facts
60+ Coolest Facts About Dogs