Bernedoodle is a Poodle and Bernese Mountain Dog cross and is one of the most popular designer dog breeds in the world. It is further sub-divided into 3 types; Standard, Mini, and Tiny while there are several generations of Bernedoodles such as F1, F1b, and F2, etc.
We have already written about Standard and Mini Bernedoodle. And in this post, we are going to feature the smallest of the Bernedoodle types, yes, you got it right, Tiny Bernedoodle.
Related: Bernedoodle Health Problems
Tiny Bernedoodle is a cross between the Bernese Mountain Dog and the Toy Poodle. It is also known as a Toy Bernedoodle because of its small size. It is also known as a Teacup Bernedoodle as it can fit in a teacup.
Although the Tiny Bernedoodle is similar to the other Bernedoodle types, its small size makes it a bit different from others. So, let’s have some quick facts about Tiny Bernedoodle you need to know before getting a Tiny Bernedoodle. Or if you are planning to get a Bernedoodle but confused about which type of Bernedoodle should you get, read our full article about Bernedoodle.
Note: If you have planned to get a Bernedoodle Puppy from a breeder, try to do the following.
- Check for the reputable Bernedoodle breeder in your area. Read Bernedoodle Breeders.
- Ask your friends and relatives for any well-reputed breeder.
- Search breeder review sites on Google.
Tiny Bernedoodle FAQs
Given below are the top 5 FAQs about Tiny Bernedoodle and its answers and we are sure this post will be highly beneficial for you.
How big is a fully grown Tiny Bernedoodle?
The Tiny Bernedoodle may grow anywhere between 12 to 18 inches while they may weigh between 10 to 24 pounds. It takes around 14-15 months for a Tiny Bernedoodle to grow fully while around 2 years to reach its maturity.
How much does a Tiny Bernedoodle cost?
It depends on several factors such as color, generation, gender, and the reputation of the breeder. A well-reputed breeder may charge you up to $5000 for a Tiny Bernedoodle puppy.
Are Tiny Bernedoodles cuddly?
Yes, they like to cuddle anytime and every time. Interestingly, their cuddly nature is one of their most loveable traits of them and the reason behind their popularity.
How long do Tiny Bernedoodles live?
As the Tiny Bernedoodle is a small-sized dog, it has overall good health and a longer lifespan than the larger breeds. Along with that, it has a longer lifespan than other types of Bernedoodles and may live up to 18 years. It is recommended to visit the vet regularly (like every three months) to eliminate the chances of any serious health issues.
Are Tiny Bernedoodles hypoallergenic?
Yes, they are more likely to have a low-shedding coat but remember that the traits and features of mixed breeds are usually unpredictable and you may end up getting a high-shedding dog.
Tiny Bernedoodle Facts You Must Know:
- Tiny Bernedoodle is the smallest one of all the Bernedoodle types.
- It may weigh between 10 to 24 pounds while its size may reach somewhere between 12 to 17 inches.
- As compared to the Standard Poodle, Tiny Bernedoodle is a high-energy dog.
- The Tiny Bernedoodle has the longest lifespan in all the Bernedoodle types and it may live up to 18 years.
- It comes in lots of colors and patterns but the most beautiful and catchy are sable, merle, and chocolate.
- Tiny Bernedoodle has an exceptional temperament and it does really well with children. But it is highly recommended to train your children to handle this small-sized furbaby as it is prone to injuries if not handled well.
- If you have any large-sized dogs or pets in your home, consider not getting a Tiny Bernedoodle or they may be injured while playing with the large-sized dogs.
Wrapping it up:
So, this was all about the Tiny Bernedoodle. For the detailed guide about Bernedoodle that contains health, grooming, temperament, pros, and cons, you can check this article.